Banks may come across continuous holidays during certain months of the year on account of various occasions that falls one after another consequently. One such month is the current month, October 2017!! Yes, October 2017 is going to have continuous holidays for banks that ranges between 2 to 4 days for various states in India.
The continuous holidays are falling on the below mentioned occasions:
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 – Kati Bihu
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 – Diwali / Diwali Amavasya / Kali Puja
- Friday, October 20, 2017 – Diwali / Govardhan Puja/ Vikram Sanvat New Year’s Day
- Saturday, October 21 2017 – Bhai Dooj (Chitrgupt Jayanti) / Bhai Dooj (YamDwitiya)
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 – Sunday
States that have continuous holidays for 4 days, 19-Oct to 22-Oct:
- Uttar Pradesh
States that have continuous holidays for 2 days, 19-Oct to 20-Sep:
- Daman and Diu
States that have continuous holidays for 2 days, 18-Oct to 19-Oct:
There may be a huge crowd in bank on October 17, 19, 21, and 23 due to the continuous holidays. Keeping this and the holidays in mind, plan all your bank transactions well in advance, so that you do not end up in trouble. ATMs may also run out of cash and so plan all your withdrawals accordingly.