Banks may come across continuous holidays during certain months of the year on account of various occasions that falls one after another consequently. One such month is the current month, September 2017!! Yes, September 2017 is going to have continuous holidays for banks that ranges between 3 to 9 days for various states in India. Is September 29, 2017 a bank holiday??
Yes, September 29, 2017 (Friday) is a bank holiday for some of the States on the occasion of Saraswathi Puja /Ayudha Pooja / Durga Puja / Maha Navami.
Banks will be leave on 29th September, 2017 in the following States and Union Territories:
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
The continuous holidays are falling on the below mentioned occasions:
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – Maha Saptami
- Thursday, September 28, 2017 – Maha Ashtami / Durga Ashtami
- Friday, September 29, 2017 – Saraswathi Puja /Ayudha Pooja / Durga Puja / Maha Navami
- Saturday, September 30 2017 – Dussehra / Vijaya Dashami
- Sunday, October 01, 2017 – Sunday / Muharram / Ashoora
- Monday, October 02, 2017 – Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
- Tuesday, October 03, 2017 – Durga Puja
- Wednesday, October 04, 2017 – Durga Puja
- Thursday, October 05, 2017 – Lakshmi Puja
There may be a huge crowd in bank on September 26, 27, 28, 29 and October 3, 6 due to the continuous holidays. Keeping this and the holidays in mind, plan all your bank transactions well in advance, so that you do not end up in trouble. ATMs may also run out of cash and so plan all your withdrawals accordingly.