Banks may come across continuous holidays during certain months of the year on account of various occasions that falls one after another consequently. One such month is the current month, August 2017!! Yes, August 2017 is going to have two sets of continuous holidays for banks for states like Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha and Tripura.
The continuous holidays are falling on the below mentioned occasions:
- August 12, 2017 – Second Saturday
- August 13, 2017 – Sunday
- August 14, 2017 – Shri Krishna Janmashtami (Gokulashtami)
- August 15, 2017 – Independence Day
- August 25, 2017 – Vinayagar Chaturthi
- August 26, 2017 – Fourth Saturday
- August 27, 2017 – Sunday
There may be a huge crowd in bank on August 11, 16, 24 and 27 due to the continuous holidays. Keeping this and the holidays in mind, plan all your bank transactions well in advance, so that you do not end up in trouble.