What is Amma Two Wheeler Scheme or Amma Scooty Scheme?
About the scheme
Amma Two Wheeler or Amma Scooty scheme was a scheme announced by Ex-Chief Minister Late Selvi J. Jayalalitha as a major poll promise during the 2016 Assembly election. This scheme will be officially launched on February 24, 2018 which happens to be her 70th birth anniversary. According to this scheme, working women of Tamil Nadu will be eligible to purchase mopeds with 50% subsidy from the Tamil Nadu government, provided they meet the conditions given under this scheme.
The issue of application form for this scheme has already begun on January 22, 2018 and the last date of submission of the application is February 5, 2018. The last date has now been extended till February 10, 2018. The vehicles will be distributed from February 24, 2018 onwards to the eligible candidates.
Hurry up ladies!!! The last date for submitting the application is getting closed on February 10, 2018.
Features of the Scheme
- Name of the Scheme – Amma Two Wheeler or Amma Scooty scheme
- Launched by – Tamil Nadu Government
- Launch Date – February 24, 2018
- Department-in-Charge – Tamil Nadu Corporation for development of Women
- Cost of the Scheme – Rs. 200 Crore Annually
- Benefited to – Launched to benefit state working women of Tamil Nadu who will meet the eligibility criteria under the scheme. Every year 1 lakh women are expected to get benefit from the scheme.
- Subsidy Amount – 50% of the On Road Price of the moped (or) Rs.25,000/-, whichever is lesser will be offered as subsidy amount under this scheme.
- Mode of receiving the subsidy amount – The subsidy amount shall be credited to bank account of the candidate, provided all the required documents have been furnished by the candidate.
- Financial Assistance – Mopeds can be purchased with the help of vehicle loan offered by banks and other non banking private finance companies, subjected to the rules imposed by Reserve Bank of India.
Eligibility Criteria of the Scheme
- Women belonging to Tamil Nadu and residing in Tamil Nadu
- Aged 18-40 years
- Working women
- Minimum 8th standard Pass
- Annual income of applicant’s family should not be less than 2.5 Lacs
- Only one woman per family is eligible
How to Apply?
- You can download the application form from the government’s official link for this scheme. The links are also mentioned below.
- The candidates have to fill in the application form.
- The completed application form has to be enclosed along with all the necessary documents as mentioned in the scheme.
- All the documents along with the filled in application form has to be submitted to the nearest Zonal Office.
Links for Application Form
Applications can be downloaded from the government’s official website:
|Forms||In English||In Tamil|
|Application Form – Rural|
|Application Form – Urban|
|Field Verification Form|
|Subsidy Claim Form|
- January 22, 2018 – Start of application form submission
- February 10, 2018 – Deadline for application form submission
- February 24, 2018 onwards– Commencement of vehicle distribution
Documents to be furnished
Copy of the following documents needs to be furnished along with the application form at the time of submission:
- Aadhar card
- Driving License / LLR (Learner License Registration)
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST)
- Proof of Education (8th pass/fail)
- Proof of Employment
- Salary Certificate from Organisation/ Employer’s Certificate/Self declaration for self employed
- Bank Pass Book First Page with Account No. & IFSC code
- ID Card from Organisation, if available
- Proof for claim under Priority category as mentioned below:
- women headed households
- deserted women
- Differently abled persons
- Destitute Widow
- Unmarried women aged above 35 years
- Scheduled Caste / Tribes
- Residing in Hilly region /remote place
- Invoice / Quotation for the vehicle to be purchased